Welcome: An Introduction

Sharing the insights I discover as I explore and experience the mystery that is our reality. Join me in my journey and share yours.




Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Light Within


“People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a Light from within.”
                                  ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross




The light of the Spirit blooms within us, vanquishing all darkness, when we open our hearts to the reality of Jesus' sacrifice and the gift of redemption. When we choose to put God sovereign over our lives and view Him as our highest treasure. I loved the above quote from Elisabeth Kubler-Ross and it made me think of the light within all children of God, so I decided to look up some verses regarding God's light and the light within. May we shine our lights brightly into the world today!






Luke 11:35-37  35 See to it, then, that the light within you is not darkness. 36 Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be just as full of light as when a lamp shines its light on you.”







Psalm 18:28  28 You, LORD, keep my lamp burning;
   my God turns my darkness into light.







Isaiah 60:19 The sun will no more be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the LORD will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory.




Romans 13:12 12 The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.




Heavenly Father,

We thank you for Your gift of Grace that gives us eternal life. Thank You for Your Spirit which shines its light within our souls. May we cast our lights into the world's darkness and be messengers of hope and of life-bearing good news to the weary and hope to those who have forsaken it. May we give you all honor, glory and praise.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever.
Amen.


11 comments:

  1. That is absolutely beautiful! And so very true! We can't expect to have radiance on the outside, if we don't first start with our inside. I want to share this with my husband and have him follow you because I know he would find your site inspirational. How do I do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see in the dark as I have lived in darkness. Yet I do prefer the light that shines from all those who give us love and hope.

    Blessings to you Jessica as you are the light!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you just did Mary..I see that you shared it on Facebook...thank you :) I feel honored that you'd share it with your husband :)

    Thank you both, I'm glad you enjoyed the post. May you walk in God's light and love today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post! So beautiful, so inspiring, so thought-provoking. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quote you used by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross. I've never heard that before, but it's beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glorious! Everything from the quote by Elizabeth Kubler-Ross, to your inspiring words, to the colorful stained glass images, to the scriptures on light, to your prayer finale. Outstanding post Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel, so glad you liked the quote!
    ~blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Debra for your kinds words. I am honored that you liked the post so much! :)
    ~blessings in Christ

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely Elenora! I got them through google..they are public domain :) I look forward to visiting your blogs :)
    Thanks for the comment, so glad you enjoyed the post.
    ~Many blessings

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there!
    That's a great picture, the very first one! Where did you find it, and is there a larger version? I would like to contact the artist to ask if I may use it for a concert poster for Mozart Requiem. My address: spengler@cspengler.de.
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete